Friday, September 28, 2007

Muzungu Byebye


Well whenever the weather feed on this blog says light showers it is actually beautiful, and at no time yet have I experience a continuous rainfall. Every day I walk to school in the beautiful weather, sticking out like sore thumb of course, and the children yell as try to dodge a boda that is fly right at me, "Muzungu Byebye." I know Muzungu is the word for white person yet I dont think it is as bad as gringo, but I don't know what the byebye is all about.
I picked up quite a few more classes. Now I have eleven a week, but I most look forward to classes at Holy Cross primary. The P.6 class there treats me like a celebrity yet they pay attention, and learn much easier than the St. Andrew's P.6. class.
The kids that come out every night to play football are starting to pick up the game. They are catching the ball and running toward the endzone, and they no longer throw the ball when a defender get close to them.
It is the weekend, and I think I will get some good reading in, and then I will tune in on CSTV for the ND game.