Saturday, September 22, 2007

Arrival!

I arrived at about 8:15 last night, and walked off the plane and couldn't stop smiling. It was a little outrageous walking out into the heart of Africa where I would be living for the next 80 days. I walked out and was greeted by Mathew, an ND grad, and Ciprian, an African deacon who I am living with at the Moreau House in Bugemebe. The following three hour drive from the airport to our house was definately the scariest of my life accompanied by a soundtrack of Britney Spears and Jojo. The road was pretty much just a free-for-all. We got in late and I fell dead asleep until lunch-time today. The house is actually very nice and I am very pleased with my room. Along with Ciprian, the others who live in the house are Father Serrapio and Father Pascal, and others join during meal times.
I recently found out that I am seven hours ahead of EST. I also just got my cell phone working. I will figure out what one would need to dial to reach me from the US, and post it later today along with some pictures.
-Andrew