Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Day of Class


Well I went to my first class today, and it went quite well for the first hour. Then, the teacher who was supposed to teach english the next class did not show up, so the headmaster told me to continue teaching, but I had not lesson planned for two hours of class. All in all I broke even. One hour of progress and the next hour to confuse the hell out of them and bring them down to where they were when I enterred the classroom. I then ate lunch which was mashed plantain type bananas that we ate with our hands.
After a boda ride back I walked over to Holy Cross primary to lesson plan for one of the three other classes I picked up (P.5 Algebra). I also expect to be teaching a computers course at St. Andrew's.
I just got back from a backyard football game. I was steady Q, as the Holy Cross students ran around trying to catch the ball.