Sunday, September 23, 2007

Storks in Trees

As you can see from the title there are storks in the trees out here. It is very beautiful here, yet I can not show you as of now b/c I forgot the cord to put my pictures on the computer, but I think one of the ND grads has one I can borrow. The past few days have been great. I have not done much, but I have relaxed and read. One thing I am very pleased about is that we have some football enthusiasts here, and they enjoy throwing the pig skin. There also some kids in the school next the house that want to learn to throw and play. So now I have have discovered my mission, it is to bring American football to Africa.
Along with my main mission, it looks like I will be teaching math and science at St. Andrew's primary school. I find out more tomorrow when I go there for the first time.
I went to the English mass this morning, but I might as well have gone to the Lusoga mass because I could not understand a word that the African priest, Father Pascal, was saying. Everything is going great, and I am really enjoying reading my book "Bringing Down the House." The food will take some getting used to, but I will discuss that later.
Go Irish!
Beat anyone!

-Andrew