Monday, October 1, 2007

Just Doing My Job


Power has been out most of the past weekend so it has been hard to get to the computer. None-the-less it was a very nice weekend.
I did my laundry yesterday and that sucked. It took me three hours, and my clothes were so dirty with red clay. I washed them very hard, and by the end I hardly had enough energy to ring out my clothes and hang them up.
Today I got back to teaching. I was woken up by what sounded like a wall of water coming down on the house. Luckily that cleared up and I was able to make it to St. Andrew's dry. When my Englishh class was over I had little time to get over to Holy Cross for a science class so I was forced to ride on a Boda sandwiched in between two African men. You know it is bad when the people you pass look just as uncomfortable as you are, and I didn't even get a discount from the usual thousand shillings (sixty cents).
I am finished my classes today, and they were pretty successful. But I still know only about five names of my one-hundred-fifty students.

-Andrew