Friday, November 2, 2007

Update in Africa


The internet has been down for the past four days, and now that it is back everyone wants to get online so here is a quick update.

- I went to a party on the Nile this Tuesday that was for all the P.7 students who just took their exams to go on to secondary school. Watching the huge girls dance with the much smaller prepubecent boys was hilarious, and the Nile is beautiful as always.

- I continue to not be informed of testing days, and I walk a mile and a half to school to find that I don't have class.

- We have been hit hard by Malaria. Mathew, one of the ND grads that is here, is recovering from Malaria that kept him immobile Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in what looked and sounded like severe pain. Father Pascal, a priest that I live with, spent last night in the hospital, and just returned. He looks seriously ill, but both him and Mathew are thankfully improving.

- I am going to Bujagali tonight and relaxing on the Nile.

- Go Irish! Beat Navy!