Saturday, November 10, 2007

Make-up Holiday


On thursday we had a staff meeting at St. Andrew's, and it is a good thing I showed up because a big part of the agenda was the question of my last name. So once we cleared up that issue, we continued onto the issue of P.5 because apparently they are way behind, and in Uganda way behind means waaaaay behind (stress on the waaaaay). So after the meeting it seems that we agreed that everyone would pitch in to help get this impossible class of eighty kids up to speed before exams, but before we get started let's take a day off tomorrow.haha what a country.
On Friday the Jinja district decided to take off for a teachers' holiday that was actually on October 5. It is kind of like when you miss a day of school and you have to make it up later, but exactly the opposite. The miraculous thing though, was that I was informed beforehand of this day off. So with a wopping two days of classes this week, I do not feel too comfortable with the progress as the exams are approaching, but on the bright side, with no classes I had the whole day to prepare my football team for their exam, Turkey Bowl Uganda 2007.