Friday, December 14, 2007

Home For The Holidays

After being home for a few days, I have finally gotten over my jet lag. The adjustment has been fine, and I am really enjoying how clean everything is here, myself included. It is kind of strange thinking that I had just been in Uganda for three months. The time just disappeared.

It was such an amazing experience, getting that experience and exposure will better me forever. I just fell in love with the kids when I was there, and loved spending all my free time just hanging out with them, and also teaching them how to throw and catch the football I brought with me. It was funny when I went to my little brother's wrestling practice last night, and I was asked to teach the kids some moves; I totally got into Uganda teaching mode, talking so slow with big pauses and exaggerated annunciation, and then repeating it over and over. They all looked at me like I was nuts.

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it. In about two weeks I hope to have a video put together showing some of my Uganda experiences.

-Andrew